Please check the WEAL Blog for opinions and comments on current issues.
- WEAL 4/11/2011 Letter sent to All Members of Joint Finance Committee on Recycling Mandate and Funding Cuts (the same letter was sent to ALL Waukesha County Legislators) Read here
- WEAL 4/05/2011 Letter to Editor, Waukesha Freeman on Governor Walker's proposed elimination of the Recycling Mandate and Ending Municipal Recycling Grants Read here
- WEAL 4/04/2011 Letter sent to Governor Walker on propose Recycling Budget Cuts Read here
- WEAL 02/12/2011 Statement on the Oneida Seven Generations proposed Pyrolysis Project Read here
- Opposition Mounting to Fight the Waukesha Bypass
Join WEAL in the next big Highway battle in Waukesha County....the extension of the Waukesha Bypass. The DOT still has an option on the table to build this 4 lane mega-highway through the Pebble Creek Environmental Corridor. We can't let that happen! Call Allen at 414-507-8358 to join our Bypass Planning Group!
Read about Community Opposition to the Bypass
Causes We Support
- Rep. Slaughter reintroduces PAMTA in 112th Congress March 2011 more info here
- WEAL signs on to Teaming with Wildlife - a natural investment sign on letter 03/01/2011
Comments & Press
- Hunting on Waukesha County Parkland: Steve Schmuki, WEAL's President Interviewed. WUWM Interview July 25, 2011
Note: "Regarding #7 of the DNR response, WEAL appreciates the DNR contacting Waste Management's site engineer asking for an electronic
copy of the Feasibility Report to be sent to WEAL, however, WEAL never received one."