Protecting Waukesha County's Natural Resourses since 1978
Latest News & Comments
Latest News & Comments
|Posted on June 9, 2011 at 7:49 AM|
Friends of Vernon Marsh will sponsor its 2nd annual Spring Guided Canoe/Kayak Trip into the Vernon Marsh this Saturday, June 11, 2010 at 9:00 am.
- Meet at the parking lot at the end of Benson Rd. off of Hwy XX (Oakdale Dr.) Bring your own canoe or kayak.
- All participants must wear a Life Vest, so if you have one please bring it. The DNR will supply a limited number of canoes (8).
- Although this is an "open" event, paid members of the Friends of Vernon Marsh will get first preference in the use of these DNR provided canoes (paddles and life vests are also included with DNR canoes). First come first served.
- The tour will involve a portage, and will end at the Frog Alley parking lot. We will shuttle people back to Benson Rd. at the end of the tour. Dress accordingly and bring sunscreen and insect repellent as appropriate.
- RSVP is Required.
- Call Brian at (262) 574-2116 to reserve your spot or email him at [email protected]
|Posted on February 17, 2011 at 8:00 PM|
If Governor Walker was really looking for a quick win on behalf of the state budget shortfall he'd cancel the state's contribution to the Waukesha Bypass. With one phone call the Governor could save the State $38 million! With safety improvements on current roads there would be no need to build this mega-highway. The fact that this hasn't yet been done brings the Governors true motives into question! In addition, lets be honest, this "bypass" isn't really a bypass, its an expensive road expansion project. It might have been a bypass 25 years ago, but today its just a line on an city map!
by Allen Stasiewski, VP WEAL
DNR asks for more details on Waukesha's water diversion application.December 3, 2010
Help Protect The Vernon Marsh Area Friends of the Vernon Marsh Group Brochure Now Available
Join WEAL's E-Mail Action Alert Network
Send us your e-mail address and we'll add you to WEAL's e-mail network.
You'll be notified via e-mail when there are important action alerts and when your help is needed. [email protected] Coyright ©2011
|Posted on February 16, 2011 at 8:57 PM|
Attend the City of Waukesha Public Works Committee Meeting February 17, 2011 and hear a presentation by Charlene Lemoine, WEAL's Waste Issues Representative and Karen Fiedler, Waukesha County Solid Waste Supervisor on a new innovative "Pay as you Throw" method of paying for waste disposal. Read more below.
February 17, 2011 5:30 pm Waukesha City Hall, Randall Room 207
"PAYT is SMART" - MSW Management, "The Journal for Municipal Solid Waste Professionals" (November-December 2010)